Saturday 24 June 2006

I've moved to the North Pole

Or at least that's where I think I've gone to. The new hostel we're living in (Pandan Mewah Heights) is as cool as one of mama sarah's summer berry ice cubes. No kidding. I spent the first night on my bed without my comforter, and ended up with a throbbing head, a couple of cold feet and a stuffed nose.

Conclusion: I am a weakling against the harsh cold. If I were an MMORPG wizard, my attribute would be Fire.

Even as of now, I still have a phlegmatic cough which I swear to you, is trying to take control over me. The evil monster is lurking somewhere along my respiratory tract, just waiting for me to forget of its existence. When that time comes, the beast shall strike, leaving me with barely a chance to breath! Aiii...!!!!!

Humour me here. It's been a long week, and I'm bored to death.

.
.
.

I think I'll stop here. Actually, there was something that I wanted to write on, but I'll have to reconsider whether it's appropriate to be put here or not. I'm afraid that some people might not be able to accept it coming from a person of my age.

p.s. Kenakelayan, should I dive into the Discworld saga by Pratchet? The library has the whole set, so I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to start developing a 'book habit', what with my status as a second year medical student.

12 comments:

Arifah said...

Do do write! Perhaps it could shed some light on this mysterious Hiyoshi for once! Hehhhe. =P

Eyp! Jangan malas2 dong. Ngak bisa begitu kalo mau jadi doktot. Weird attempt to speak Indon.

PBUY. ta!

Arifah said...

eh doktot=doktor
tersyasul plak saye

Arifah said...

eh doktot=doktor
tersyasul plak saye

dith said...

Do you take vitamin supplements?
Try this:

1)Multivitamins + Minerals

2) Arcalion for your mental lethargy

Make sure you are not hypersensitive to any of those medications I 've recommended (most people tolerate them well)

mynn said...

:) nice to see hiyoshi back.

i bet KKL's answer re:Discworld would be "by all means yesss!!! but learn to divide your time between study books and leisure books"

KKL & O-K are probably two of pratchett's biggest fan (not literally).

Mama Sarah said...

I quote ikelah; "kalau penat belajar, pergi mengaji."

Hiyoshi, bila nak tukar template?

mynn said...

mama sarah has actually been saying this for a while, tapi dia rasa your template is difficult to modify & add links to(although it does look perfectly nice). that's why she's subtly encouraging you to change templates

Mama Pongkey said...

:) Well Mynn guessed my answer to a T. O-K can give you more pointers on what guys like to read from Pratchett. If I am not mistaken he favours anything with the Watch, with Captain Carrot, Commander Vimes and Corporal Nobbs. But generally speaking, anything with Death (the bag of bones in a hooded cloak and scythe) is great. I like Mort in particular. I have a fondness for Susan, the granddaughter of Death, (you have to read Mort first to understand this!) and anything with Nanny Ogg in it. I met Terry Pratchett at a book signing when I first arrived in UK. I got him to autograph O-K's birthday pressie (Tha Last Hero). He (okay, both O-K and Pratchett) was a lovely chap. Pratchett had his famous floppy black hat on. I love Pratchett's subtle sense of humour, and the little digs he leaves peppered all over his books. It like an in-joke kinda thingy, you feel so pleased with yourself when you geddit. Also look out for Cut-Me-Own-Throat!

pycnogenol said...

That's one very good advice from Dr Roza. If you take no other supplements, take just this one multivitamin + minerals.
This supplement alone can do wonders for many people, correcting unsuspected deficiencies and particularly boosting immunity to infections.

I'm not a medical doctor, but I'm one satisfied customer. So, in a way, I've got locus standi here, for I'm speaking from experience. ;)

In any case, I'm sure it's better to be in Tropical Paradise than to spend your days in cold, grey North Pole, with or without Mama Sarah's summer berry ice cubes!!

Anonymous said...

Pandan Mewah Heights? Waah.. sure sounds very posh for a hostel! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Salaam..
What's that that you wanted to say? Blurt it out!

ifos said...

I got my dose of Pratchett from some of KKL's collection few years back (KKL: actually borrowed 'em thru Aunty Farah;p), and you get full recommendation from me too! =)

Yeah, Pandan Mewah Heights sure sounds posh..