Tuesday 6 November 2007

Playing The Love Doctor

In the past 24 hours, two people - a gentleman and a lady - have personally confided in me about their recent break-ups. For someone who doesn't interact a lot with other living beings, that is big news. Now, I don't know what the 'divorce rate' is actually like out there in the real world, but in my humble little universe, two cases in a day sounds like an awfully big number.


"She was two-timing...No, wait. Scratch that. She was three-timing me behind my back", said the broken-hearted gentleman when I inquired the reason for his break-up. "He asked me to do things which I am ashamed to tell you about", said the distraught lady. "Don't worry. There are lots of better people out there. You just have to wait for the right one", said clueless me.


Both of them seemed genuinely sad that their respective relationships were over and I suppose they had every right to feel that way. I mean who wouldn't feel glum after seeing what they have worked on for two or three years come crashing down to a rubble?


What makes it the more painful for them both is that they never saw it coming. "She was so decent in front of me - never wanted to go to the movies...never allowed me to hold her hand...never would let me send her back to college. And yet, she does all that with her 'gigolos'. What kind of a girl is that?" expressed angrily the gentlemen.

"I thought he was a nice guy who would lead me to the right path. But then one day, he said that he did not want me to wear the hijab after getting married" wept the lady.

Ah..people. Just when you think you know them, they go and do something totally unexpected.

To the mentioned friends: take heart in that at least you found out about their follies before being permanently tied to them. Take consolation in the fact that there are other, better people out there who are just waiting to be introduced to you.

One last departing word....why on earth did you both choose me to listen to your problems? I have no experience in this kind of thing whatsoever!

13 comments:

Salfiza said...

erk.. kan aiman dah marah..

dyanna said...

Hehehe.. your consolation words sounds like they came straight from a Hallmark movie :P

Jamil said...

filza - Bukan marah. Cuma mengeluh sahaja hoho.

dyanna - I would have taken that as a compliment. And then I saw that smiley face at the end :P

pycnogenol said...

Ha...tu laa...
Waktu orang suruh 'enter' the library, apasal awak 'enter into that kind of relationship' (and worked hard for two or three years pulak tu)??? Kan dah jadi 'wasted days and wasted nights' or in this case, "wasted months and wasted years"

Kalau lah kedua-dua nya (the gentleman and the lady) mengambil masa berkenalan, berjinak-jinak, bermesra dan menjalinkan hubungan intim dengan buku-buku di Perpustakaan tu, Pycno percaya hubungan mereka akan terus kukuh dan mantap. Buku-buku tetap akan menjadi teman setia, and will ALWAYS allow you to, not just 'hold their hands', but also to stare at them for hours. They will even allow you to enter into multiple relationships lagi.

I'm just wondering what kind of relationship have you gotten yourself into, Hiyoshi??

dith said...

Excuse me. Was these 'consultations' done in the psychiatric clinic or the campus canteen? :))

Jamil said...

pycnogenol - I would like to think that I've gotten myself into a 'doctor-patient' relationship, but I think I'm still too young for that. Medical wise, at least.

DITH - Haha. Far from either places. One was done in the comfort of the patient's living room, the other over the phone *laugh*

Anonymous said...

ngeh ngeh ngeh.

dyanna said...

Looking at the rate of your consultations, you can set up a tent outside your dorm and treat more 'patients'. Another way to start up a clinic.

Jamil said...

aw3rz - What's that laugh supposed to mean? High on laughing gas are you?

dyanna - A splendid idea! Maybe if I charge just two ringgit per session, I'll be able to make enough money to see me through my Egypt study tour next year!

Arifah said...

Speechless.

But then you always had this aura of sorts of a shrink! :P

Anonymous said...

it seems like a career's calling hiyoshi - i bet you could make lots of money what with our country's divorce rate (nauzubillah min zalik)

i was laughing throughout reading your entry - very funny!

Jamil said...

afie - I have never considered myself to be a shrink; especially more so with my height and frame. I think the reason why people come and tell me about their woes is because I listen (or at least, pretend to)

mynn - Well that career has to wait until I get through at least two more professional exams over the course of three and a half years more :(

Robin said...

You are a stranger with a familiar sense of comfort. Probably that's why they sought for you.

Why not try waving your magic wand to update your blog in a flash? You are afterall the head of blogging wizardry, arent you?

Hee.