Friday 25 April 2008

The Thing Underneath My Nose

It seems that in the course of Research Methodology and juggling other stuff over the past 3 weeks, my facial features have undergone some drastic changes. Changes which my eyes could not believe when I first realised them. Changes which will have people either gasping in delight or horror, depending on their individual definition of 'masculinity'.

I've grown some man-whiskers.

Bloody purists will probably scowl and raise an eyebrow at the term 'man-whiskers', saying instead that the correct term for facial hair arranged neatly in a row underneath the upper lip would be 'moustache'. However, I insist that what I have grown without even knowing it are man-whiskers. This is because they resemble something to what Awal Ashaari has on his face, rather than those coarse, unkept and wild-looking strands of hair which Frank Zappa copyrighted after his death.

Frankly (!) speaking, it's a bit too much. People can say whatever they want about man-whiskers (it's a sign of manliness, virility and a darn good excuse to sign up for the Royal Police Force, for example) but for me, I feel as if there's an unwelcome visitor underneath my nose who has a habit of tickling the corner of my lip. Think of it as having a furry squirrel hanging from your nose and continuously moving its tail about. Not so pleasant, I can assure you.

Now I want to trim it off, but Dad won't tell me where he has hidden his Man-Whiskers-Ridding Tool, otherwise commonly known as scissors. I think they may stay with me for a while.

6 comments:

dith said...

You sure it's not your nostril hair protruding out?

Btw, Maman already has lots of it, hehe

Jamil said...

DITH - God help me if it was.

dyanna said...

Muahaha.. that's very funny DITH.

After 3 weeks, all you managed to pump out are just man-whiskers? Burt Reynolds must have put a lot of effort over a few years to have that piece of famous moustache on his face.

sarahss said...

a sincere congrats (?) from me. ngehe~

Jamil said...

dyanna - Pitiful isn't it? Perhaps I should pump more testosterone into me just to accelerate its rate of growth.

No. My face will probably go into Squirmish Mode. Permanently.

sarahss - Congrats? Gee..thanks -.-"

dyanna said...

gosh, people would think you have a ver bad case of sembelit la like dat.