Friday 24 July 2009

Say Hello To My Little Friend!!!

Upon logging onto the internet (or interwebs, as I like to call it) for the first time since last Thursday, I was mildly amused to see my bank account balance - $1,999,046.

And that was only for a week I left my three fruit marts.

The above - without a doubt - does not portray my real financial status. In real life, I am a poorly medical student with only RM15 in my tattered wallet to see me through to the end of the week and dinner tonight is going to cost me RM8 since I am desperate for my interwebs.

So where on earth did I earn close to two million in just a week? In Mafia Wars on Facebook, of course. You might recall that I am an advocate of Facebook and its sometimes nonsensical quizzes but that fandom has just been escalated to newer heights after I was introduced into a Mafia family by Pakcik Hassan. What is an elderly Malay pakcik doing in an Italian organised crime syndicate? The first rule of the Mafia is you do not talk about the Mafia. The second rule is you DO NOT talk about the Mafia.

To it's credit, Mafia Wars is not a fancy looking game. You will be sorely disappointed if you were expecting to see highly detailed character designs in the form of men dressed in suits carrying tommy guns going all trigger happy while on a bank job. There is no blood, no gory executions and most certainly no Hot Coffee mod. In fact, the most you'll be given is an animated revolver being loaded with bullets. Hardly entertaining unless you're in the munitions business.

But even though it is a simple click-click clicking game, the real attraction lies in the decision making process which makes up the whole gaming experience. The player is given health points, energy points and stamina points to spend on doing hit jobs and launching all out attacks on other mafioso. Going all gung-ho on other Mafia families will not only almost ensure you get your arse handed over to you, but you will also lose a lot of money and as any good gangster knows, no money means no tommy gun ammunition.

Plus you will get punched in the face and receive 3 damage

So yes. This is my new obsession at the moment. Anybody who wants to fight the good fight may join my Mafia family and together we shall show the rest who's boss. Capiche?

12 comments:

sepi said...

Owh! sorang lagi dah terjebak dengan game ni.

Hampir terjebak juga dengan game ni dek pujukan Pakcik Hassan a.k.a Cik Yam.

=)

dyanna said...

i dont understand why people even play games like this?

dith said...

I know of someone who recruits every of his FB contact to be part of his mafia clan....so if you see my wall full of Mafia wars activity, for sure it's not me...I've no idea whatsoever how the game is played but for sure it's addictive..:p

Jamil said...

sepi - memang jahat Pakcik Hassan ni. Hehe

dyanna - what's there not to like about taking on the role of Tony Montana, eyh?

dith - can you help me explain to dyanna then why people even play games like this?

Anonymous said...

stupid game

aw3rz said...

Salah satu misteri alam yang masih tak terungkai - ketagihan Mafia Wars.

Jamil said...

Anon - ah, well. Each man to his own I guess.

awe - haha...tiada misteri apa. Ianya sama sahaja seperti ketagihan lain. Mengulangi perbuatan yang sama demi menggapai kegembiraan sementara

aw3rz said...

Mahu aku daftarkan ko masuk Sahabat Metha?

sarahss said...

I nearly chocked at the seven digit number. Too bad it isn't true.

dyanna said...

Don Corleoni will be very much dissapointed with the mafias of today. The only bruises victims will get are on their fingertips.

Jamil said...

awe - laratkah anda ingin mendaftarkan 4 juta pemain Mafia Wars sebagai sahabat metha? Tangkap mana yang sempat sahaja ye? :P

sarah - if that figure were true, I'd make my own Facebook game

dyanna - I think he would. But then again, he just might be too busy organising his own mafia on Facebook to care

azaHmaeL said...

Hello little friend~