Saturday 15 July 2006

Peculiarities on a Shopping Trip

Some peculiar sights which caught my eye today as I was following the family on a shopping trip:

1. A rather fat round man was looking at some weight scales put on display. Nothing wrong there; until he proceeds to take one, places it on the floor and nonchalantly stands on it to see how much he weighs. Still nothing wrong there, you might say. But consider this: the scale was still in its box, or whatever was left of the poor thing after being semi-crushed by The Round Man.

2. A parade of women aged 30-something. I use the term parade here because that was how they were moving together; in a parade. Did I mention that they were wearing short black skirts and ties? Yes, ties. Like the ones that men wear. The ones where they gradually broaden at the inferior end. Not only that, these parading women also had their neck(?) length hair smartly slicked back; using pomade, I assume.

3. There was this one slighty old lady (I guess she's into her late forties) who was doing her shopping all alone. And she had the thickest make up a woman could ever possibly apply to her face. Her eyeliner was so thick that it made her resemble a killer whale. Now I don't mean to be ungallant, but this old lady scared me.

4. My own reflection in a mirror. Weird.

2 comments:

Mama Sarah said...

what's wrong with your reflection? reminds me of a book i read to sarah: the ugly duckling.

did you see a macho man in the mirror?

ayumi said...

Salaam..

Yeah, what's wrong with your reflection? The only thing I can think about is that you realize that you're not a 7-year-old anymore..