Thursday 1 March 2007

The Tagg-ed and the Tagg-er

Ah, it seems that I've been tagged by Puan Mama Sarah. Now I feel like an item on a shelf nearing its due date.

Anyway, according to Puan Mama Sarah....."People who are tagged should write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog."

This sounds so awfully hard, since I'm not that weird to begin with. Eccentric, yes perhaps, but weird? Never mind. I'll just try my best to sound as weird as possible for Puan Mama Sarah. Here's at you!

1. A blanket is a must have for me when I'm going to sleep. Of course, I can go to Slumberland without a blanky, but then I'd wake up in the middle of the night feeling as if something's missing - which is the case really. Funnily enough, I don't use it to cover myself. More often than not, I end up hugging the blanket and rubbing my feet against it. This would be one of the things I normally do until I doze off.

2. I am very much capable of deleting a perfectly sound and sensible entry which has reached its third paragraph just because....(drumroll).........I've run out of words to describe what happened next. God knows how many times I've done that i.e. burying 'healthy' entries. I'm such a cruel person.

3. I have a systematic way of eating my drumsticks. Each and every time I get my hands on a drumstick, I'll finish the thing in exactly the same manner - leaving the outer layer of muscles aside, finish off the smooth layer inside, and then come back to the outer layer. Sounds weird? It is.

4. While we're on the subject of food, I also have this habit of 'melurutkan jari' whilst I eat. My intention is only to clear my fingers of any extra rice before I take the next mouthful, however, dad does not think it's entertaining, and used to scold me endlessly when I was small. Well dad, you'll be relieved to know that I'm still doing it now.

5. People say that I 'have a way with words' and because of that gift, I sound like a government official. "Skema' kata mereka. I don't know.

6. I have bouts of coffee craving - which is to say that I can go on for weeks without coffee, but when my craving kicks in, I can go on for weeks WITH coffee. Having said that, I have more romantic ideas about tea, rather than coffee.

And here's one more, just for kicks.

7. I write my text messages in full, with the correct grammar. You can ask my mom if you don't believe me. Surprisingly, my messages rarely reach the second page unless it's about something awfully important.

So there you are Puan Mama Sarah. I've opened up my little chest of secrets and so, you know practically all of my eccentricities. Now I'm going to have to create new peculiar behaviours, just in case you're going to tag me again sometime in the not-so-near future :P

15 comments:

Mama Sarah said...

Awwhh, You're such a sport! Thank you very much. Everyone that I've tagged have replied - and I'm sooo happy! I think I can almost assure you that you will not be tagged again in the future, because I will not be entertaining anymore tags from now on! (How sporting is that?)

Oh, bnyknya nak tanya and comment about your eccentricities. But I think I'll just save the questions for our blog meet. (If there's one!)

Cuma - suka saya dengar no.7 - I try my best to write in full too. Proper spacing and all. You will find short forms from my texts only when I try not to go to second page.

Jamil said...

I do hope that you won't be jotting all of this down to be used to spice up dull and boring dinner parties - especially ones that I'm present :P

Do, however, jot down those questions you want to ask me. They sound unbearably important! (Government officials like important stuff, remember?)

dith said...

Yoshi,

Writing sms in full should be the practice for school kids. There is a tendency for them to write in short in school essays due to habit. I am quite concerned regarding this with Luqman...if only I can convince him to lay out his hp and give it to me, hehe

dyanna said...

There's a cartoon in the papers today, really funny, Kelly was caught texting her friend in class. As a punishment, she had to type "I will not text message in class" a few hundred times. (mind you, no short forms!)

Jamil said...

DITH

Maybe you should teach Luqman to be a 'government official' like me. LOL.

I don't know why, but the sight of a simple, well constructed sentence is so easy on the eyes :)

Dyanna

So that was what the cartoon was all about! I spent half an afternoon just trying to figure out what was so funny ~

Jamil said...

Just a thought - If you're going to be all grammatically correct with the precise punctuation to boot, doesn't that beat the whole purpose of having the "short message" system?

Then again, you could always cut down the number of words used e.g. 'I am fine, thank you' is shortened to 'Fine, thanks".

Just a random thought.

Anonymous said...

you're not all THAT weird.

i do no4 too....whenever i want to prolong my eating time. heheh.

i think im weirder than you are.

Jamil said...

23ke25

Ooh...Do come over for lunch then one of these days! We can drive my dad up the wall with our finger scraping habit *laugh*

I wonder which part of you is weirder than I am?

ayumi said...

Salaam..
How entertaining :P It's funny that you eat drumsticks in a systematic way.. I find that I do that too.. for almost all of my meals! I used to write SMSes in full sentences until I discovered how my prepaid credits are going down the drain that way..

pycnogenol said...

Was it just a case of 'melurutkan jari' or 'mengurut-urutkan jari jemari' that has driven your dad up against the wall?

P/S: Will be closely watching and scrutinising your fingers at our next bloggers meet...he...he... ;)

Jamil said...

ayumi

Hehe...It all depends on how you word your sentences, I suppose. The less, the better :P

pycno

I don't know. Adults have this strange tendency to view things differently - and I'm on that path now *gasp*

sarahss said...

jamil.. i never knew you had a blog at blogspot before?hoho. anyway congrats. nice posts. i recommend you put a chatterbox to make your page more..interesting?haha. i've been tagged before, but i never really did write about those 6 so-called supposed-to-be secrets of mine~

Jamil said...

Sarah

Hey! Look who dropped by out of nowhere! May I offer you a cup of tea while you're here? How about some scones and strawberry jam?

Oh, I forgot..We're in cyberspace -.-" Anywhere, I'll try to get that chatterbox ASAP.

sarahss said...

teeheeee~~flattered

Jamil said...

Pfft.."anywhere"? I must have fallen asleep typing that. It's supposed to be "anyway". So sorry for the typo.