Monday 4 May 2009

That Competitive Edge

As I was driving the car to fetch my dad just now, I turned on the radio because I do not rather fancy driving in silence. Well, that is not particularly true since I actually do like driving in silence - especially when I am alone - because that way, I can give my full attention to what's ahead on the road. Until I doze off in the middle of driving, of course.

Anyway, I turned on the radio and there was this advertisement for a certain brand of junk food on air. Never mind how silly it sounded when the person talking suggested that putting that brand of snack in between two slices of white bread makes for a really good way to relax after a hard day's work. If you ask me, putting snacks in between two slices of white bread makes for a really good way to waste two perfectly eatable slices of white bread which could have instead been smothered with mayonnaise and eaten together with cheese and lettuce. But that's just me.

However, it wasn't the notion that snacks can be made healthier by eating them together with white bread that got me chuckling. It was instead the competition put up by the manufacturer that asked listeners to send in their wackiest shot while eating the said brand of snack.

Glutton
In my books, this is - without doubt - a winner.

I find this very ticklish mainly for two reasons - (1) I started imagining what kind of facial expressions people would put on to win and (2) I imagined what kind of facial expression I'd put on to win, knowing the fact that I have absolutely no luck whatsoever in competitions.

I swear it's true - when it comes to competitions, my Lady Luck seems to have ditched me in favour of some other guy who's probably better looking, is financially better off and has the build of Hugh Jackman playing the role of Wolverine. Well, I hope that she gets torn apart by his adamantium claws by accident.

If ever I were to have my own competition, I'd make sure all the rules would give me a 101% chance of winning:

1. Only one participant per competition.
2. Said participant must be the owner of this blog.
3. To be eligible for the grand prize, the participant should have written at least one entry in the said blog anytime in between then and now.

And just to be doubly sure, participant must have had a really bad history of losing in previous competitions prior to this one.

11 comments:

maskedfacies said...

which ads ah?

Jamil said...

masked fascist - women don't ask and gentlemen don't tell ;)

maskedfacies said...

i thought that this rule only applies in a marriage.

did i miss something?

wait,are u telling me that...

we are in one too?

=P

Sop said...

whoa! whoa! did i miss something when i went for my toilet break?

maskedfacies said...

sorry.

that was a bad joke.

no hard feelings please?

aw3rz said...

owh.







bayangkan tengah malam, nampak silhouette seseorang berdiri dengan tangan kanan memegang longlai bunge ros dalam hujan lebat. (damn.aku perlu tangkap gambar canggini satu hari nanti.)

pulasan007 said...

corntoz..keh3

Jamil said...

mims - *ehem* gentlemen don't tell?

usop - no, you missed nothing. I assure you of this

awe - suruh apos jadi model yang memegang longlai bunga ros dalam hujan lebat.

Sebentar. Apa kaitan ambil gambar apos memegang longlai bunga ros dalam hujan lebat dengan aku tidak menang dalam sebarang pertandingan?

miqdad - aku tidak mengiyakan benda tu

aw3rz said...

tu tanda kekecewaan sebab tak menang? atau kekecewaan sebab mende lain. nevermind, it's ambiguous anyway. dan aku taknak silhouette tu sebesar penhuni kuala gandah ok. hehe.

Unknown said...

segan ar korg pndai amek gambo

sarahss said...

for a few secs i was imagining a sandwiched kitkat.

in your mouth, of course.