Wednesday 29 April 2009

What's The Cure For Paranoia? Parano-temol?

My brother came back yesterday from his day at the office claiming that people are out there to get him.

Like what any concerned brother person bored senseless would do, I decided to entertain him and asked 'What makes you say so?' to which he related the following anecdote:

I was sitting there at my desk, typing out the bloody stupid agreement which seems to be adding pages to itself at random intervals. Anyway, as I sat there typing away, comes this other girl who happens to be doing her attachment at the same place. So she slides up to me and before I could say hi, let out a small wail.

I was so startled that I accidentally deleted the whole document I was typing. 'Good riddance' I said to myself and started to make small talk with Wail Girl.

'Uh-huh' I nodded. 'And where did that conversation lead to?'

So yes, we talked about the usual stuff. Boredom at the office, Facebooking for two hours straight, going down to have lunch and come up only to go through the same thing again. And then, we started talking about families.

'That sounds perfectly normal. You should have talked about the weather too then it'd be a complete cliche'.

Well, she asks about mum and dad, the number of siblings, how many girls in the family...you know the drill. So after she was done asking me questions, I casually asked her back 'So, what do your parents do?' My questioned was returned with a shuddering cold silence.

'My parents have both passed away' she said quietly.


Even more awkward silence. And then I blurted out 'Well, I should really get back to typing this. They need it by today. Yes. Today. I completely forgot how important this stupid document is. So uhh...I guess I'll talk to you later?'

'Bravo, good chap. That was real smooth' I said to my brother, unable to believe how he handled himself.

'Well, what was I supposed to say? Anyway, just goes on to show how people are out there to get me. It's a trap, I say!'

Now if that isn't paranoia, I don't know what is.

Which One Is Baby?
Probably this

10 comments:

pulasan007 said...

keh3..ske ah gambo tu

aw3rz said...

aku pernah cakap tak adik ko ingatkan aku kat tony eusoff?

Sop said...

that pic will give nightmares to expecting mothers.

Jamil said...

mekdad - cuba kalau letak muka ko kat atas sekali

awe - tony eusoff? Why?

usop - no!!!! Don't stop the breeding!

mokchique said...

liked the story, loved the picture albeit scary.....hehe

aw3rz said...

umm. agaknye sebab aku tengah tengok cite SEPI kot time bace entry ko ni. dan bile tony eusoff cakap, adik ko terus muncul dalam kepala otak aku.

agaknye adik ko cakap sama dengan die?

Jamil said...

mokcik - I can photoshop your face there if you want to

awe - hmm. Itu kena tanya dia la

Sheera_K said...

nice entry =)

sarahss said...

Jami-temol :P

Jamil said...

sheera - hey there!

sarah - I'm sure that's not it. Jami-temol happens to be an anti-depressant. Wait. I think I got that mixed up - it's actually a pro-depressant?