Friday 7 March 2008

An Equally (If Not Any Better) Sorry Post

In less than twenty four hours, we will be ushering in the 12th edition of the Malaysian General Elections...












...which frankly my dear, I don't give a dram. I'm more concerned about my final exams next week. And looking at the amount of reading that I still need to cover, I think I should be more than just merely 'concerned'. I should be 'freaking out'.

***************************

We'll be going for an overseas trip after the exams are done. Personally, I look at it as one big step forward into adulthood. At least now I won't be so ashamed to face my other friends who are studying abroad. I tell you, it's going to be an absolutely fantastic, totally Mediterranean, partly sponsored trip to mystically romantic Alexandria to......listen to some more medical lectures. Bummer. On a brighter note, we'll have the weekends to ourselves, so I plan to make the most of it and get Lost in Translation. You know, just like that Sophia Coppola-directed film of the same name. And judging from how good I am in my Arabic just as Britney Spears is at being a mother, I definitely see myself getting lost. Literally. Let's just hope that I happen to bump into Lawrence of Arabia if I do lose my way.

Got to go. Books are a calling; like any envious young wife.

That reminds me: Sarah, enough with the teasing already! Hand out the wedding cards, will you?

8 comments:

dith said...

Notice how you are so in touch with your feminine side: comparing to how Britney is at being a mommy and books calling like envious young wife (indirectly hinting that wives stop being envious when they age...hrnmmm..)

Anyway when you get to Alexandria, please look up for ikelah's cousin, Adibah Abdul Jabbar who is in first yr med school, :))

Jamil said...

DITH - What to do? The modern metrosexual culture demands not only that I groom myself to the extent of surpassing the ladies, but also be sensitive enough to make them go "Awwww....that's so sweet of him", lest I be labeled a brute who should've gone extinct dinosaur ages ago.

So are you in turn, implying that wives never lose their jealousy even after years and years of marriage? That's a comforting thought indeed :P

Anonymous said...

good luck for your exam.n hopefully we dont have to repeat the paper or even the year.enough of kannan kutti

sarahss said...

......

jamiiiillllllllllllll!!!!
(kejar dgn senduk n periuk belanga)

*_*

so, you're gonna hit the pyramids and 'll be doing some camel-riding? that's nice. if you meet the genXers, do send them my regards. Org jauh yg sampai dulu. Me being in the same-world-time longitude pun x sampai2 lagi.

goodluck with the papers sir. I bet you'd pass with flying colors :)

Anonymous said...

All the best and dont forget to have fun.

p.s., shouldnt older wives be more jealous? :P jk.

Jamil said...

awerz - I'm not just going to sit down and hope. I intend to make sure I pass, damn it.

But then again, I've been sleeping a lot haven't I?

Sarahss - Ah..someone's recently been to the kitchen, I see :P

Hey, that's a good idea. Maybe I should have a go on the camel rides. Imagine - Jamil on Jamal hohoho.

Thanks for the wish. Now if only I can resist the temptation to become sleepy every time I open up my books...

23 - I don't know. I don't have one yet *LOL*

Anonymous said...

jamil on jamal?umm.dat sounds awkward

ifos said...

You're going to Alexandria? That's awesome! My roomie went to Egypt during winter hols. and her pics were enough to convince me to set my foot there sometime before I graduate. Alexandria was especially breathtaking... the Mediterranean feel- totally.

How was the exam, btw? Hope you passed with flying colours. :)