Sunday 23 March 2008

My Trip To Egypt: Part 1

As I'm writing this, it's getting a bit chilly outside and the sound of blaring horns coming from passing cars is getting a tad bit unbearable. My housemates are studying inside their rooms - about the abdomen and the physiology of the gastrointestinal system, I suppose. Tomorrow, I'll be following them to class again for another round of lectures given in a rather peculiar tone of English. Not that that's a bad thing, no. It's just, well, peculiar.

As you might already guess by now, I'm merrily typing this away on my gracious host's laptop in his rented apartment in Alexandria where I'll be stuck for the next two weeks. And by the looks of it, it's going to be a very long fortnight. I mean honestly, who comes to Alexandria to study medicine? This was supposed to be a holiday!

Still, it might be a little too early to be hollering about the injustice of it all. Who knows? I might end up liking lectures given in a peculiar tone of English after all before going back (though if I really did like it, it'd have been a long time ago considering some of the lecturers back at home are from Alexandria anyway)

So that's that. A brief description of my trip to Egypt so far. Yeah, it's empty and useless and contains about as much information as a roll of toilet paper, I know. But I promise to write something more interesting in the next update - which I have no idea when that'll be.

Postscript: Ayah, tak jumpa la carpet.Minyak atar dah beli dah la tapi.

10 comments:

dith said...

Aiman,

Thanks for the update eventhough it's as empty as a roll of toilet paper! hehe

Ayah pesan carpet? Wah...ibu pesan apa yek?

Jgn lupa cari Adibah :))

dyanna said...

Pictures of boring lectures pun OK gak sumbat dlm entry.

Jamil said...

DITH - The quality of my entries must be really degrading then if you're starting to thank me for such a blank entry -.-"

Ibu pesan apa ye? Oh, dia pesan suruh jaga perangai dan berjimat cermat dalam perbelanjaan hehe...

dyanna - I'm hoping to upload a few pictures, but that'll probably be a bit later. Yelah, segan jugak kita guna komputer orang lama2 ni (hint kepada ibuku)

sarahss said...

have you met the genXers? Jangan lupe ole2. hehe

Arifah said...

On the netry to egypt: Eh, sejak bila awak ke egypt? I am sooo out-dated! Huhu

On the entry of birthday wish: Hmm, sape tuh haaa?

On the parasitology post: I knew that already. Banyak mamak yang ade wireless sekarang kan. Hehhe.

On the sorry post: Honestly, I am soo pissed at you. You don't give a damn about your own country? Jangan duk Malaysia lah kalau macam tu. Huhu. Kalau tibe2 rusuhan time tu and you couldn't take the exam cane???? Fikir2kan lah. Sorry, EMO terlebih plak. Hehehe. Cuma kesal dengan sikap generasi 20+ yang macam kita yang hanya pentingkan diri sendiri. Not pointing any fingers though.

Ok, dah comment semua entry yang lepas. Good luck with your studies! May Allah be with you always. ;)

Anonymous said...

weih2.fud here sux.huh.
now,i'm homesick and missing nasi putih ayam gorang sayur kobes mamak.at least my taste bud can function well with that.

dith said...

aw3rz- the first thing you ve got to do in a foreign land is to get your taste buds accustomed to their food...it's all an acquired thing...then you'll enjoy the trip fully! Be more adventurous

Anonymous said...

dith-naah!its adventurous enough to eat taste-less food.but there's still something that i can enjoy - asir or the fruit juice.imagine they take 2 or 3 mango and with unknown method,turn it into a glass of heavenly delicious juice,sugarless and no water added.first of course its very delicious,the second thing is they are free from bilharzia as no nile water added.i dont want to bring back cirrhotic liver with me

pycnogenol said...

Dith - Kalau Ayah dia pesan carpet, ibu nya mesti pesan Egyptian cotton or dance costumes for belly-dancing. ;)

Hiyoshi, dont miss Wekelet al-Balah where you can get the best of Egyptian fabrics, Khan al-khalili and Khan Misr Touloun for souvenirs.

Of course, if you're seriously thinking of starting business "minyak unta" Souq al-gamal (camel bazaar)is the place you want to go to today, Friday!! he he..:)

Have a good time and take care of your valuables.

pycnogenol said...

BTW Hiyoshi, if you cannot find carpet in Cairo, it's like telling us you cannot find nasi lemak in Kuala Lumpur. ;)

Kesian Ayah Hiyoshi. So,you think the sweet smelling minyak Atar can erase your dad's memory of the Egyptian carpet?